This accessibility statement explains how well the Suomi.fi web service complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the website, and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is responsible for this online service. We want as many users as possible to be able to access our digital services. We take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
How accessible is the website?
This online service largely meets the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The online service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below.
Did you notice any gaps in accessibility?
We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of the online service. If you observe any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to fix any shortcomings. We will respond to requests and comments as soon as possible, but no later than within two weeks.
You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
- Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
- Accessibility supervision unit
- www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish and Swedish only)
- tel. +358 (0)295 016 000 (switchboard)
Further information on accessibility
Our web service is not yet completely accessible.
The following content or functions of Job Market Finland are not yet accessible.
- The web service contains images that do not have an appropriate text equivalent. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some videos do not have a description or other alternative presentation. (WCAG 1.2.3, 1.2.5)
- The order in which the content is read and the order in which the focus progresses are sometimes inconsistent. (WCAG 1.3.2, 2.4.3)
- Certain interface components are not accessible on the keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- In some parts of the web service, the page title does not get updated to describe the main content of the page. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- The web service contains inaccurate and repeated link texts. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The web service contains some content texts whose language is not appropriately marked. (WCAG 3.1.2)
- The user’s cursor moves unexpectedly in certain UI components. (WCAG 3.2.1)
- The names, roles and functionalities of certain UI components are not programmatically fully understandable and are partly in English. In addition, certain visual groupings are not interpreted with assistive technologies. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- There are errors in the technical implementation that may also affect the operation of assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- Not all changes in the view, such as error messages, are reported with assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.3)
There are also contents and functions at Job Market Finland that are not covered by legislation, such as
- content published in the service by users or other third parties that is not produced, funded, or controlled by the service provider itself,
- maps not intended for navigation purposes (e.g. weather or terrain maps),
- office programme files (such as DOC, PDF, ODT) published before 23 September 2018,
- online content archived before 23 September 2019,
- live video or audio broadcasts that are not saved for preservation or republication, and
- video or audio recordings published before 23 September 2020.