How to create a job posting
Would you like to receive proposals directly from jobseekers who are suitable for your vacancy? At Job Market Finland, you can create a job posting and receive applications from jobseekers who meet the needs of your workplace. Jobseeker users can also find your job postings when browsing for vacancies or job recommendations.
To create a job posting on Job Market, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to Job Market just as you would log in as an individual client. We want to take special care of your privacy and personal data, so you’ll log in using your online banking ID or mobile certificate.
- We’ll ask for some basic information, such as your email address. You can also choose whether you want to receive emails about the development of Job Market.
- To create a job posting, you must change your role to company representative. You can do this by clicking the purple button at the top of the page that shows your name or the name of the company you represent. If the company you want does not appear in the role selection list, check if you have the necessary authority to represent the company. More information on the page "Job Market Finland and Authorisations".
- Once you have selected the correct role, you can start completing the job posting from "Create a new job posting” on the opened "Job postings" page. Fill in at least the mandatory fields marked with a red asterisk on the form.
- On the "Language selection" tab you select the languages in which you want to submit the job posting. This is different from what languages a candidate needs to know for the job.
- On the "Description" tab, you enter the job description. Describe the type of position in detail. Write a concise heading that will appear in a job search.
- On the "Keywords" tab, select the keywords associated with the job. These will be suggested to you based on the content you entered in the "Description" tab. You can also add other keywords from a comprehensive list.
The keywords vocabulary is based on a Europe-wide occupation and competence ontology that unfortunately does not contain all of Finland's well-known professions or related competences. Do not allow this to prevent you creating a job posting, but select job titles and competence terminology that are as suitable as possible. You can read these titles and terminology on the ESCO professional terminology website.
- On the "Skills requirements" tab you can list the skills required in the position. These limit the list of recommended jobseekers.
- The "Detailed information" tab allows you to provide other information related to the position. This information is used, for example, in job search and browsing filters.
- On the "Search Instructions" tab you can indicate how long applications will be accepted for the job and add a link to a separate application form. If you wish, your job can also be transferred to the job search service at paikat.te-palvelut.fi.
- Once you have entered all the mandatory information for a job posting, you can preview it and publish it. Your job can then be found on the Job Market's job search and becomes a 'Recommended job' for those jobseekers who have completed their profile and whose skills and experience correspond to the requirements of your workplace.
- You will receive proposals for jobseekers suitable for your workplace who have published their profile on the Job Market. If you find an interesting profile, you can contact the jobseeker directly through the Job Market. You can read more about matching on the page "How the matching works".