How to create a job applicant profile
Does it feel difficult to find jobs with traditional job searches that offer tens of thousands of jobs? The personal customer profile feature in Job Market Finland was updated in November 2020 to provide a convenient way for users to get suggestions matching their competence, work experience and wishes. If you want to get suggestions for jobs suitable for you or to have employers contact you, create a profile today.
If you don't know where to start, follow the steps below.
- Log in to Job Market Finland. We want to take special care of your privacy and personal data, so you’ll log in using your online banking ID or mobile certificate.
- We’ll ask for some basic information, such as your email address. You can also choose whether you want to receive emails about the development of Job Market Finland.
- Click the “Job applicant profile” tab. There you can fill in three separate parts.
- In the “Knowledge and skills” section, you can describe your skills and the work you would like as well as your language skills and professional qualifications.
- In the “Introduction” section, you can share any information about yourself, the date when you are free to start a new job and in which region you are primarily looking for work.
- In the “Work experience and education” section, you can add your work and study history. You can specify which work experience you want to emphasise when looking for new jobs.
- The profile automatically saves the information you fill in. After entering just a few bits of information, you will start seeing recommended jobs on the Job recommendations tab. The more you fill in your profile, the better matches your recommended jobs will be.
- Employers creating job postings in Job Market Finland will receive recommendations on jobseekers matching their advertisements in the same way. If you want to let employers using Job Market Finland see your profile in their recommendations list and contact you, publish your profile by clicking “Review and publish”. Keep an eye on your email; employers' contact requests will be sent there.
Sometimes you may also experience challenges in completing your profile. The keywords vocabulary used in job proposals is based in part on a Europe-wide occupation and competence ontology that unfortunately does not contain all of Finland's well-known professions or related competences. Do not allow this to prevent you creating a profile, but select job titles and competence terminology that are as suitable as possible. You can read these titles and terminology on the ESCO professional terminology website.
On the “Recommended jobs” page, you will get recommendations based on the information you enter in your profile. The underlying technical solution and matching process is under constant development. You can read more about matching on the page "How the matching works".
It is worth creating a job search profile! Once you've filled in a profile, it's easy to update it with new skills, experience or studies.