How to create a job applicant profile
Does it feel difficult to find jobs with traditional job searches that offer tens of thousands of jobs to browse through? With the aid of Job Market Finland's job applicant profile you can conveniently get job suggestions matching your skills, work experience, and wishes.
- Log in to Job Market Finland. You can log in by using your online banking ID, mobile certificate, or Sinuna authentication, which is based on your email address.
- We will ask for some basic information, such as your email address. You can also choose whether you want to receive emails about the development of Job Market Finland.
- Click the 'Job applicant profile' tab. There you can fill in three separate parts.
- In the 'Knowledge and skills' section, you can describe your skills and the work you would like as well as your language skills and professional qualifications.
- In the 'Introduction' section, you can share any information about yourself, the date when you are free to start a new job and in which region you are primarily looking for work.
- In the 'Work experience and education' section, you can add your work and study history. You can specify which work experience you want to emphasise when looking for new jobs.
- The profile automatically saves the information you fill in. After entering just a few bits of information, you will start seeing recommended jobs on the 'Job recommendations' tab. The more you fill in your profile, the better matches your recommended jobs will be.
- Employers creating job posts at Job Market Finland will receive recommendations on job seekers matching their job posts. If you want to let employers using Job Market Finland see your profile in their recommendations list and contact you, publish your profile by clicking 'Review and publish'. Keep an eye on your email; employers' contact requests will be sent there. When publishing your profile, you will also set a publication period for it, which can be up to six months. So remember to publish your profile again if necessary.
The keywords vocabulary used in job recommendations is based in part on a Europe-wide occupation and competence ontology that unfortunately does not contain all professions or related competences known in Finland. Do not let this prevent you from creating a profile, but select job titles and competence terminology that are as suitable as possible. You can read these titles and terminology on the ESCO professional terminology website.
On the 'Job recommendations' page, you will get recommendations based on the information you enter in your profile. The underlying technical solution and matching process is under constant development. You can read more about matching on the page 'How the matching works'.
Creating a job applicant profile is worth the trouble! Once you have filled in a profile, it is easy to update whenever you gain new skills or experience or complete studies.
See below a guidance video on creating a job applicant profile