Information and guidance about unemployment security
Unemployment security advice is a national advisory service maintained by the TE Services that provides information and answers to questions related to unemployment security.
0295 020 713
The telephone service is available from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4.15 pm. The price of the phone call depends on your operator contract (cell phone or local network charge). The queue time is also subject to a charge.
The telephone service may be busy especially during lunch hours 11 am – 1.15 pm.
Unemployment security advice is a national advisory telephone maintained by the TE Services that provides information and answers to questions such as
- the labour policy requirements for a job seeker’s unemployment benefits,
- the labour policy requirements for an entrepreneur's unemployment benefits,
- how studying affects your right to unemployment benefits,
- how part-time and temporary work affect your right to unemployment benefits,
- responding to a request for clarification from the TE Office, and
- appeals against the labour policy statement issued by the TE Office.
Starting in July, we are piloting strong customer authetication in the telephone service. During the queue, you will be offered the opportunity to identify yourself at the Suomi.fi service. The goal of identification is to speed up the processing of your case and improve the data protection of transactions.
We answer callers in their calling order. If all advisers are busy when you call, you can stay on hold. Between 9 am and 1.30 pm you can also choose to leave a callback request which means that you will be called back once that day from a number starting with 0295. If you are offered the option to select a callback request, we recommend that you select it. When you call the service, you will always receive up-to-date information on the queue to the service and instructions on how to proceed.
TE Customer Service Centre’s experts serve you in the chat on this page from Monday to Friday between 9 am to 4 pm. Currently, the chat service only works in Finnish.