Registration as a job seeker
If you become unemployed or are laid off, register as a job seeker as soon as possible.
You can register as a job seeker in advance before your unemployment or lay-off begins, but do so no later than on your first day of unemployment, because you can only receive unemployment security from the registration date.
You can register as a job seeker in the E-services. If you do not have online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a smart ID card, or you are not a citizen of an EU or EEA member state, you can register in the TE Office's telephone service or by visiting a TE Office in person.
If you are applying for unemployment security, after starting your job search, you will receive a labour policy statement on your right to unemployment security. You can see the statements given to you in the E-services. Unemployment benefits are only paid for the time you are an unemployed job seeker. Your right to unemployment security is influenced by many factors. Read more about them in the "Unemployment security" section.
If you have participated in labour market training or been employed on a pay subsidy and become unemployed again, register as a job seeker.
Agree on further services with your own expert
When you start your job search, you will agree with your assigned TE Office or local government pilot expert on how your customer relationship will progress with the TE services.
You can contact your expert via the E-services. There you can also view all your open tasks.
In the E-services you can
- view your employment plan that entails your agreed job search obligations, i.e. tasks that promote your employment, and mark them as completed by the due dates,
- view your own information related to your unemployment security, such as statements and open requests for clarification,
- update the changes in your job search situation or inform of employment,
- maintain your contact information, and
- submit a contact request to your own expert.
This website is part of the European Commission's Your Europe portal. Did you find what you were looking for? Give feedback! (europa.eu)